36in metro ecs price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J & J Mowing, Dec 5, 2003.

1. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

I am looking at a new 36in metro ,
    ecs, 12.5 kaw, fixed-deck, gear-drive
    My dealer wants 2600.00
    Mulch kit 120.00
    I am looking at this because, my 48in lazer hp
    will not fit in some of my backyards.
    Is this what you guy's are paying?
    :blob3:

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

That's nuts! You can get a 36" with a 15hp kawi for $1999.00

I'd run from that dealer.

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I won't tell you what I paid for my metro hp with ecs floating deck and a 15hp kawa, but it was close to that and the dealer threw in the mulch kit because he is a good dealer. Find a new dealer to deal with.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Could it be that shipping is that much higher is certain parts of the country, compared to others and they have to charge this much more? I know what dealer J & J Mowing is refering to and all his Exmarks seem to be priced $200-$400 higher than what the national average seems to be (national average based on lawnsite users). As far as going to another Exmark dealer...that's not going to happen. This is a midwest city of 400,000 and there is only one Exmark dealer.....and they have only been selling Exmarks for 2 years......hopefully someone else will start.

5. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Walker-talker,
    I guess because he is the only one around could be the reason he can charge more. Good luck J & J.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

That's how it was in my town, so I drove to another town to purchase my 36" TTHP. Saved over $500.00, more with accessories, they cut me a deal on mulch kit, velkie, etc. Well worth the drive for me, and dealer support is important, but not enough to make me pay that much more. Exmark does not have a reputation, nor have I ever seen one need dealer support too often anyway. And it's only a 30 minute drive if I do. Shop around.

7. McCauley3

McCauley3 LawnSite Member
    from WF, Tx

TRex,
    Who is your Exmark dealer, and where is he located in the metroplex. The dealer up here is a great guy, but his prices are pretty steep.

8. riden2low

riden2low LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Out here in the NW a belt drive with fixed deck goes for 2600.00 and the hydros are well over 4000.00. This is with a fixed 36"deck. Tell me the name of one of your dealers and I will buy from him. Got the money and most likely with shipping I would still save money. Maybe buy two if they have them.