36in Wright Stander with wide tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Nov 23, 2004.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

My dealer just had a shipment of 36in Wright Stander's delivered with wide tires to avoid leaving ruts in the grass. Has anyone seen these already, or tried them out yet?

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't that make it wider than 36" then? Kind of defeats the purpose if you are trying to get through a 36" gate.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

They might be the new 32" frame standers with 36" decks and wider tires that are coming out.

4. logan

from FL

I went and looked at them today. He told me the book cost was right around $5500 with a 15hp engine and an electric start. I measured the width and it is the same as my 36 scag walk behind. He also told me that they would be getting some 36in scag riders in at the first of next year. The wheels on the Stander appear to be about twice the width of the previous version.

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

got any pics??

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

They're using the new narrower 32" tractor for the 36" to reduce rutting....

What else was different from last years model ?!?!

7. Lawnkeeper

Lawnkeeper LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Did there happen to be a floating deck on it?

8. logan

from FL

I'm not really familiar with last year's model. They told me that one of the other differences was an o-ring on the air filter right where it goes into the engine to help prevent dirt from getting past the filter. The deck did not float on it unfortunately.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I'm Guessing there's Some kind of Legal Agreement w/Great Dane that prevents Wright from using a Floater on the Stander...Too bad because otherwise it's a Sweet Mower...

Could you Step off w/out Killing the Blades & Walk behind & Mow ?!?!

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Its a sweet mower with the fixed deck.

Derek