1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 04TurfT, Apr 26, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple of yards with fences that I can't get my 48 in. I was thinking about buying a 36 inch mower. My question is to all of you who have a 36, did you spend the extra bucks and get a hydro, or get a belt? I wouldnt be using the mower a whole lot, but I dunno if I'm too spoiled to ever go back to a belt drive.
  2. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

If its a tight space I'd go with the hydro. If it's a grass that you can't turn on a dime I'd go with a hydro. Basically I'd just go with a hydro.;)
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Last year we bought a 36" Emark Metro HP, its been a great mower but looking back I should have went hydro and bought a TTHP 36":hammerhead:
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hydro all the way. Based on experience, I really say that hydro is easier to maintain than belt counter part. Changing hydro filter is a lot more fun than greasing peerless tranny. You will love hydro walk on hill especially steep hill, there is nothing on earth can go safely and confidently like hydrostatic walk.
    Try belt on hill is like steering a mower without brake! worst of worst.
  5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Get a wright stander RH 36. You'll love it.
  6. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

they still make belt drive?