37 Hp Cub Cadet Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Mar 21, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have a friend that picked up a new 72" 37 hp. Kawasaki Cub Cadet Tank yesterday, has anybody tried this mower and what are some of your thoughts. Will it be a fuel hog, I was told it was no worse than a 27 Kohler
    on fuel but that is kinda hard to believe. Envy what do you think about this
    monster?

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like its going to be a beast on the cutting field.

3. puppypaws

It is kinda hard to say it appears no one knows anything about this mower.

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

is it a efi motor or carb?

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It's a carb. I wish the new Kohlers and Kawasakis would have a high horsepower EFI engine. Maybe next year.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I bet it will be a great motor. We have the smaller Generac on our 72" TANK, it does good with low lift blades but sucks with high's.

7. superclyde007

superclyde007 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have driven the 72" Tank w/37 hp Kaw. It is a beast. Wide open throttle at max. speed and engage the PTO and there was no noticeable rpm drop.
    I would say the engine will be thirsty. I think it has 2 small intake valves and one large exhaust valve and a few other tricks according to what the dealer told me.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are ugly... LOL... :jester:

I haven't seen them in person or seen any 'real' pictures of the new style yet though.

I bet the 37hp is a BEAST.
    I could use that this week with the scalping cleanups.
    (scalping 4"+ of warm season down to 1.5" and throwing all clippings one direction)

That's the worst I've wanted more power in a long-long time... LOL...

9. puppypaws

I made friends with one of the engineers at Kohler, I told him I wanted a 36 efi and he said they may have one ready by 2008. I would say it should have better
    fuel economy and more power because of no throttle lag than the 37 Kawasaki.

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone have a link to the Kawasaki web site that has this motor and specs? I guess I'm out of the loop. I had heard of the new Kohlers but the 37 kaw came as a surprise to me.