1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

37 HP Kawasaki model FX1000V

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thunderhead, Jan 26, 2011.

1. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

This correct. They have 4 different fx sized engines. 999cc which have 34/37hp, 852cc 31/29/27hp, 726 cc 26/24/22hp, and 603cc 20/18/16hp. It appears the 999cc engines have had the issues. The 999cc also have a dfi option.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

...Did not know all this.

Should I be concerned with my 31 hp Kawasaki??

4. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking this is enough info alone, for me to stay away from the 2011 Super Z with the 37 hp Kawasaki...

5. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Actually Toro never had the 37 hp option, but they did switch from the 34 Kawasaki to a 34 Kohler - again not a good sign for Kawasaki.

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

They did have the 37 Kawi over here as far as I know.
    I have also been told (by a very good source) that it was also about some of the components Toro were using. Just couldnt handle the torque of the 37 Kawi. Hydro system if I remember correctly being one of the issues.

7. LCPullman

Oh okay, here in the states I don't believe they ever did, but companies do different things in different markets.

8. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

when i bought my g3 the biggest motor i could get was the 34.that was the fall of 09.i now have over 700 hrs on it . no engine problem yet .i do use synthetic oil,and i try to keep up on the oil changes. i read on here that someone said that toro was switching from kal to kohler. i hope this is not true.i was going to buy another g3 this summer.i was going to get a 29 horse kal. the 34 is a gas guzzler.but it really has power.

9. LCPullman

Only the 34hp engine is going to Kohler. They still have the 29 hp Kawasaki.

10. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

glad i got mine when i did.its great to know that you have the power when needed with 34 horse but definatly every day mowing 29 horse will be fine. the toro i had before had a 27 kohler.it bogged down in alot of different occations,but i really noticed the gas difference