37" walkbehind where I used to use a 21" mower....

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by captken, Apr 15, 2004.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

The H-bar steering is confidence inspiring...I use to use a 21" John Deere JX-85 for this until I got my Hustler. I am not afraid of using my 37" Hustler walkbehind in delicate situations...know what I mean? This property has been displayed in a major publication...down south livin'

cofields patio.jpg

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean. Yesterday I took my 48" super walkbehind with the bagger into a back yard that I had been using the 21" on up till now. front and baack is less htan 3000 sq ft. I had done it with the 36" without the bagger a couple times but wasn'tsure that the 48" would fit. It did and it did a nice job too. I'll take a pic next time.

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Well Paul, it sure took long enough for you to realize what I've been trying to tell ya:D
    In time the Hustler will spoil you for every other mower out there. And now, when someone talks about how they like brand X, you can just laugh knowing it's their loss and your gain.
    If you like how well the Hustler handles the small stuff, think how great you'll like doing cleanups with the blower attachment.

blower.jpg

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

elaborate, please....looks very interesting...is that a stand alone blower attachment for the walkbehind? Who makes it?
    kenny.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Pete,

YOu know I have been bragging about my hustler for some time now. It has spoiled me. It just happens that this was the first tiime o this back yard. I had to move some downspouts that I normaly don't move and I don't think I actually saved much time. But the finish is better and I could handle the taller grass better.

I do just laugh at the other brands I see. They see my mower and say wow, then go back to theirs and I just feel sorry for them.

I oculdn't use the blower because then what would i mow with? Remember my hustler is my one main mower and I just use it to suck up all the leaves.

photo21001.jpg

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I hear ya. It took me 4 years to get my stable of 3 WB's.
    DP