38,000 sq ft property

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Finestlandscape, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Finestlandscape

Finestlandscape LawnSite Member

i have to give a price to a customer of mine for fertilizing. there is 38,000 sq ft of grass to fertilize. i use a 5 step program granular program. i came up with an estimate of $635.40 does this seem right. my formula was simple just took my the material price and times it by 2. Is this the right right way to price any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

5 apps = $1075.00 for me. Add Grub close to $1400.00.

3. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin LawnSite Member

My yard is 45,000 and true green quoted me about 700. I do it myself using Lesco products for half of that. Sounds about right.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I suggest add cost of product, cost of labor (including tax and benefits), cost per hour for fuel, truck and equipment( so you can buy new in 3 years), plus your overhead charge, plus a profit that rewards you for the risk of being in business.

To find your overhead charge divide your overhead by the number of applications you did last year.

For example if your overhead expense was $1,000, and you did 500 applications--you have to charge everyone 2 dollars per ap for overhead.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I shoot for about $200/ac treated. So that lawn would be about $180 or so per app.