3rd season the new has worn off

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TOTALLAWN OF KY, Mar 13, 2006.

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

any one dread this season??? i just cant seem to get as excited as i was the first two seasons .its like a real job now.lol just kidding .....
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really ready to get going. I have just completed round one and in about 3 weeks go onto round two. I am really ready to get the mowing season under way. This was my first year to do the fert and squirt. I really enjoyed being outside as opposed to sitting behind a computer all day. Hopefully I can go full time next spring. This is my fifth year mowing. It can at times be dreaded but overall I look forward to the day.
  3. OrganicFert

OrganicFert LawnSite Member

We're still enjoying mud season here in Maine. Heck, we'll get the lawn renewals out this week maybe! Not much snow this year, just a never ending mud season. I must say, getting excited.

Good Luck

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

hey i like mud i think its a slop hole here toooo
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Reality setting in, it is a job only difference is now your responsible for everything and you mentally work 24/7
  6. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe I need my head examined, but IMO this is part of the fun :cool2:
  7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

wait till its your 24th season. i wouldnt mind another 3 months of winter

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Hey if you are burnt out, just send the accounts my way.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

My days are dragging on in anticipation for the first clean up. I cant wait. I need to start making money again, this winter was not a profitable one to say the least:cry: Bad thing is I don't anticipate starting until 1st or 2nd week of April but gettin' ready:dancing:
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

At this point I am about ready to go back to work.Spring clean-ups are going to be rough for us this year because last fall was not the best for working(lots of rain & snow).But that means there will be plenty of cash coming in.