$4,100, well spent? I think so..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RonWin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back home with a brand new scag wb 36" belt drive, brand new bagger, brand new jrco dethatcher with attachment and brand new redmax 8500 back pack blower. 2600 for mower, 400 bagger, 500 jrco dethatcher, 500 red max, 100 in gas/tolls. Dealers here where i am wanted 3800 for mower+bagger. What do you guys think? Btw was gonna walk with the package for 3500 but then saw the blower and knew that i needed another one for cleanups ( have a echo 770). Sweet deal ?

Picked up the mower to use as a small-mid sized mower for backyards and gates, have a 48" snapperpro atm. If business gets real good i will be getting a 61" Z but that is in the future.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

He shoots...........HE SCORES!!!!!

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

How come I cant find these deals anywhere!!!! You lucky guy

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You paid high retail for everything except the mower which I don't know the price. Not really a good deal bro. Should have got a hydro mower as well. Luckily, you won't be using it too much.

5. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

And where would you find these deals in upstate ny? Because i was priced out by the dealers around here and they were 50% more than they were in MA where i got it.

6. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

pics of it all please.

7. caddy029

caddy029 LawnSite Member

I smell BULL***

8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're happy with it, then I'm happy for you. Now go do some yard work to pay for it!

9. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed but I don't live in new York either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I found several jrco dethatchers on Craigslist and bought a 60" with mounts for $250, grass gobbler bagger for walk behinds are $150-$200 brand new everywhere, red max 8500 retail price is $500 plus tax at my mower shop. Just plain old facts. As for the mower, eBay has a like new hydro for $2450 buy it now and a belt drive for sale on Craigslist with a sulky for $700. Easy enough to find stuff you need or want much much cheaper.
    Posted via Mobile Device