4-3-3 Organic Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by newleaflandscape, Feb 7, 2008.

1. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Wanted some feeback on aggrand fertilizer

Thier formulation is 4-3-3. It consist of fish calp. Anyone have any good bad experience with it?

Also what do you think about the formulation. I thought it seemed pretty low on the nitrogen end.

They call for 4-3-3, plus bone meal, plus liquid lime for spring and fall treatment and straight 4-3-3 for the rest. 0-0-8 for drouhgt applications. This is in Michigan by the way.

Any thoughts?

2. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

who is they?

3. newleaflandscape

they= aggrand,

product of amsoil.

4. Newby08

sorry, its late and i'm tired, stupid question

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. How can "they" recommend a fertilizer program without knowing what the site needs?

6. newleaflandscape

Dealer said it is the average application for a 5-7ph with the type of grass in our area. Kentuck blue, fescue, perrennial rye.

Just looking for advice, not snotty comments

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

My comment wasn't intended as snooty, merely to point out that blanket recommendations are highly suspicious. My advice is determine what the site needs, then build your program. Keep in mind, dealers are trying to sell you as much product as possible, they have no vested interest in anything else.

8. Newby08

OK, thanks, do it as a site by site basis

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know much about the product, but I had a crew of about 5 homeowners on the same block that all used the stuff. Well, it worked for about 2 applications and all of the lawns went to crap. Why? The dealer never went to the sites, scouted and did soil tests. "Just apply at these rates and you'll be fine...." Take a look at the costs and rates and you would probably be much better off buying the fish and kelp meal, then mixing (along with compost tea, humates, etc.) and applying yourself.

Also, I do realize these were homeowners, but they were pretty knowledgable and had good, calibrated equipment.