1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

4,393 postcards went out to be exact

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grandview (2006), Apr 24, 2008.

1. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

Couple of questions.

How much do you think taking Credit Cards helps your business? do you get a lot of customers using that service?

I assume you are the Grandview of Plowsite also? I'm Quad Plower over there.

How did you get everything done for $.24 each? Did that include postage?

Glad you are filled up and it worked for you.
  2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks good thanks for posting the postcard,,,,
  3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I had these printed last summer,since then I stopped taking credit cards.So it's check or cash now.

That's me at Plowsite.:waving:

printing was .04 a postcard.And bulk mailing is a different rate .So I'm happy about how much work I got from them. I will be doing it again. Well worth it.
  4. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Those cards look great and what a price. I know this thread is pretty old but Grandview would you be willing to reveal what company did all the post cards for you? I have been searching and have come across some stuff but want to find a good place and it seems you have found one.

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

+1 ............
  6. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

You have a nice website. I've never really liked audio on a website (it's usually music) but it works on yours.
  7. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

you can get 5000 full color postcards from gotprint.com for 105.00
  8. MDLawn

Thanks. I have been looking around and found a few companies that deal with direct mail (postcard, postage, and mailing) and it seems as though it would be cheaper to have an all in one rather than to purchase post cards, purchase postage, purchase a mailing list, label paper, etc... However, 5000 postcards for 105 isn't bad at all. I've done most of my advertising in a local weekly paper and have had a lot of phone calls...........just 80% of the calls from the wrong type of customer (the ones who want you to cut their PITA lawn that has a picket fence around the entire area with sidewalks and a driveway to be edged for $10 and it would take you 30 minutes). I want to target the right people and thought of giving the direct mail route a shot in addition to the local paper again. If anyone has any other information on direct mail please feel free to message about it.
  9. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

Go to RNDSIGNS.COM. See hundreds of print layout ideas from companies all over U.S. See hundreds of industry specific photos as well. Economical source and easy to custom design.
  10. MDLawn

Wow. Thanks those are some great designs. Gotta get something out there in a couple months to catch the customers attention. Again Thanks.