4.5 acre leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by longislandlawn, Nov 10, 2013.

1. longislandlawn

longislandlawn LawnSite Member

How much would you guys charge for a 4.5 acre leaf cleanup, mostly open area, but some tight areas as well. All of the leaves need to be taken away. I quoted the guy $ 2,500 for cleanup and disposal.I will probably have 4 guys working with me. Was this a good price or to high or to low.? The guy will call me back on a answer, after getting other estimates.
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends how deep it is. Maybe do it hourly It seems really high At that price you must plan to be there more than one day with 4 people
  3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I have a continuous leaf cleanup process that stops only with snow and starts up again in the Spring... I will be doing a lot more mulch mowing with this new lawn mower which eliminates the need for any extra people at all...
    $2500.00 should include more than a one time event,,, is that true???
  4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree with the above post as to how deep the leaves are. Sounds reasonable to me. Can't imagine doing it for less.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

Are you raking the whole thing by hand ? I'd about $395 for the job, no wander he said he'd call ya
  6. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

For 4.5 acres? I'd hire you, keep $2000+ all day, everyday. Depending on how deep the leaves are, you're gonna have a dump fee, if not multiple dump fees, in there, too. No way you're making money at that price.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

It really depends on the situation. Around here people would laugh at you at that price. Most people here let us haul the leaves back into the woods so no loading and unloading and no dump fee's involved. Without seeing what you are working with I wont even venture a guess on how much I would charge.
  8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I guarantee you someone will do it for less than 500. I mean 2500 is ridiculous to blow some leaves around unless there 3 feet deep
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

What's your hourly rate per guy ?
  10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I know right......... I can clear 1 acre and hr by myself using my mower. I might just charge a day rate of $600 or something but come on :hammerhead: