4 cycle/2cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 4, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Okkkkkk, can someone help out a brotha. I need to know which stihl trimmers are 2 cycle and which ones are 4 cycle. I just got my 80r stolen so I want to go with a bigger more powerful trimmer and it being 4 cycle.
  2. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

FS 90 R, FS 100 RX, FS 110 R & FS 130 R are all 4mix. Power ratings go from 28.4cc's to 36.3cc's, I would personally recommend an FS 90 R. If you want power and light weight look at the FS 100 RX, just remember that you can't use attachments with this model.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your stuff getting jacked.
  4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Isnt it true that U still mix the gas and oil for these 4mix models
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yep, They use mixed fuel just like a normal 2cycle. What I and other Stihl users love is the low end torque the 4Mix engines put out. I'll give you an example, I just picked up a new account, and although it's taken me a while I now have a obvious edge on the property. Before, the lawn was 5" overgrown onto the sidewalk and about 2" deep, my Stihl FC110 powered thought it with no problem. When I first got it I would be pulled along, now I can use it one handed. My next investment is a Stihl KM 130 R, 135* Adjustable hedge trimmer, Straight edger and maybe the string head.