4-in-1 bucket, good item or not?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Popper357, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I've read mixed reviews about this combo bucket for my tracked toro dingo. I'm just getting into the dingo and am looking for productivity ideas. The combo bucket is interesting. I've looked all over for good info about it's use and haven't found much. I'll be doing residential landscaping/ hardscaping with the dingo. Everyone please discuss what you like and dislike about the combo bucket value. Thanks

PS I've seen a couple sell on ebay for $800 delivered.

2. kiwiwill

kiwiwill LawnSite Member

I have a 4n1 for my skidsteer, cannot imagine operating without one. The are so versatile and allow you to perform alot of tasks without having to change attachments.
    Make sure you get teeth as well.

3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

I concur with kiwiwill. Get the 4 in 1 bucket. I have one on my Kanga and it is the most valuable and productive attachment I have.

4. montana jack

montana jack LawnSite Member
    from montana

How many tasks can be done with a 4-in-1 as opposed to a regular bucket?

5. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

How long is a piece of string?

If I put a beer can on a concrete driveway you could probably pick it up...eventually with a GP bucket. With my 4 in 1 I can pick the can up, open it and pour it down my throat.....well...maybe not:blush: but you get the general idea. The 4 in 1 is able to grab stuff very quickly and simply which otherwise cannot be done with a GP. Probably the best use I have is when working off a pile which you need to keep contained and not push all over the place.

Cutting out footings and driveway prep areas is another example. Pulling out stumps etc etc. Once you have used one you will never go back. The uses are too many to list.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the buckets r great it dozes picks up and u can even spread gravel out the bottom