4 in 1 bucket?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobbyg18, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bobbyg18

bobbyg18 LawnSite Member

im looking into buying a 4 in 1 bucket...i cant find much info on here...i did a search but it comes up empty on this subject...so im trying to get more info

im in my 2nd year in biz and i do all bobcat work: grading, leveling, small excavation, earthmoving, land clearing etc... and i work mainly by myself and im getting really tired of getting in and out of the skid to pick up rocks etc...also i have a few brush cleanup jobs coming up where i will need a grapple of some sort, but im leaning towards a combination bucket for its grabing cababilites as well as the other tasks it can handle...

who uses them on their skids?...and is there a lot of difference in brands...i run an S185 and currently have a 68" gp bucket...but i notice 4 in 1's are only 66" and 72"...i want to stay as narrow as possible for tight spots but also want to cover my tracks...which would you suggest?
  2. iowacatman

iowacatman LawnSite Member

You can try searching MP Bucket or multi-purpose bucket.
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Also search combo bucket.
    I have a 4-1 bucket for my TX420 Dingo and love it. There is some times that I would like to have a grapple bucket to be able to pick up a nice sized load of cut brush and other stuff like that but I work the 4-1 bucket more than I would the grapple bucket. This picture was a 6" caliper Dogwood that was planted to close to a house years ago with the trunk growing up against the gutter so she wanted it out. If the dingo could pull this up then your 185 should be a hell of a lot better at pulling stuff like this up.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic