1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

4 landscaper vehicle accidents in 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LJ lawn, May 11, 2001.

1. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

there have been 3 reported landscaper accidents reported in my local paper in the past 2 weeks.one if i can remember correctly involved a fatality. i just saw another today-( #4),looked like a head on accident with cops and paramedics on the scene.just posting to keep everyone on the alert. drive safe and have a profitable day!
  2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

speaking of accidents (not vehicle) one of the guys today steps out of the box of the truck into a wheelbarrow ...wheelbarrow tipped ...he sprained his leg...totally preventable accident
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We have a pretty condensed route so it's not like we spend a lot of time travelling from job to job, but I find that Matt, and yes I mean Matt not me, is always in so much of rush to get to each job.
    I find myself constantly telling him to slow down.
    We usually are driving thru little neighborhoods, and going too fast is just not good. He knows how I feel about his driving, so if you are reading this Matt, Slow Down!

Be safe :)
  4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i drive 5 mph under the speed limit.if i see people slowing down like 10 cars in front of me..ill start slowing down then..I always remind my self its 100 times harder when your pulling alot of weight behind you= alot of momentum.
  5. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a Triburon smash into the back of a 1969 Camero. Ouch
  6. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

Not to gross anyone out but last year a guy with years of experience got pulled into his chipper. That happened in front of his son who worked with him. He was trying to clear out the chute and next thing he was gone.

Be careful out there.