4 Man Crew!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kleen Kutz, May 9, 2014.

1. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not about sacrifice. Its about growing a business. Many guys on here are content with being a solo op. I never have been a solo op or would want to be, but to each their own. What you cut in 3 days by yourself I cut in less than 1 day with 4 guys. I have timed everything and cutting with 3 guys is slower than cutting with 4. It all comes down to knowing your numbers.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

But you're not making more money. You're just doing more work.

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Man main goal is to train these guys to the fullest and after about 3 weeks to a month I'll be off the truck out marketing my business. It's hard to work on your business while your working in your business. But I'll be back on the truck only for the heavier days!!! Only if needed.

Thanks for all the info guys!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. xclusive

If you say so. If you do not make more money than why do these large lco's run with 4 guys in a truck? Being solo you are limited to the amount you can make, by having multiple guys you are able to complete more work per day/week/month/year therefore you make more money. What is your salary/year? What is your profit at the end of the year when you factor in all expenses including your salary?

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

I've never seen any LCO with 4 guys in a truck unless they're at a large commercial property.

I assume most of these companies aren't making much money at all. There are multiple threads on this site discussing this. You may be headed to the dreaded "middle zone." Proceed with caution.

6. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

he bills right and schedules to fit 4 guys on a crew, he probably also only going after work were he can be efficient with a 4 man crew

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

I'm not interested in how much money he makes. That's his business.

He wanted an opinion on 4 man crews. It's been discussed here before and it will again. They just don't seem to be as efficient.

8. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I also do not understand how you can make any more with that many men on a crew. It just seems like more work, yet your not making any more money. I sound pretty dumb right now don't I? lol

In all seriousness, congrats on moving up! Some people just do not understand how you can make any more money with help than you could being solo. We will be the ones laughing all the way to the bank :)

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

You need to take some basic math classes, sir. You're not making any sense....and you don't even know why you aren't making any sense.

10. xclusive

That is what you assume. Contrary to what you believe I am making more money. Yes my overhead is more, but I am able to make a lot more money. Hence the reason I asked you those questions in my previous post that you opted not to answer which is completely understandable on a public forum.

Exactly.

Some people do not understand it.