4 Mix Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by khutch, Jan 16, 2005.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

I remember at the beginning of the '04 season nay sayers of Sthil 4 mix were out in full force. "Too many moving parts", etc. I've had a problem free 10 months, and love the extra torque. I like 'em and will buy more.
    Have they held up for everyone else?

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have 2 Stihl 4-mix tools and I will be buying another in about a month. I'm going to replace all my 2 stoke equipment (except the backpack blower and hedge trimmers) with 4-mix stuff. The power of these tools has to be experienced. They blow away any 2 stroke equipment I've ever used.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have the 4 mix edger and trimmer. First two peices of commercial equipment I bought :) Great equipment, a little expensive, but well worth it :) :waving:

4. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

After a full season's worth of use, how has your fuel usage compared to a comparable 2 stroke? I've been thinking of switching to 4 stroke or hybrid, but have been looking for input from actual owners, not just opinions based on theory.

5. kenslandscaping

kenslandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey all, I have 2 stihl FS 110s and a HT101 and love them all. Check out Stihl's website for the new FS 130s that have more power and torque than the 110s and very little more weight.

Ken

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to try one sometime? Are they any quiter than a 2-stroke?

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, actually, I have one problem with the edger. Its good for the spring time and for a new lawn that doesnt have the edge, edged yet. But it leaves stringer's of grass even with a new blade when using it for the weekly lawns. Using a 4 star blade helps alot. But I wish it'd make a nice clean cut without leaving stringers of grass with the standard blade each week.

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any reports of the Shindaiwa C4 equipment? I realize the product selection was pretty limited to just a trimmer at the time, but now with the hedge trimmers moving into the C4 and the C4 engine going on more of the "attachment" tools.. it should become a little more widespread..

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

No problems so far.....

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We love our 110 and we have had no problems out of it so far. Its a great trimmer and we will probibly buy another one soon.