? 4 MowerConsultant & Others (Super Mini Z)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by icatcher, Nov 27, 2003.

1. icatcher

icatcher LawnSite Member

I just got thru demoing a mini Z(23/52). Wow, great piece of equipment.
    I plan on purchasing a Super Mini Z(25/52) in the next 2 weeks. Mainly due to the suspension seat and mower HP for little to now more money. I plan on nothing but mulching with this machine, the demo was a side discharge so I could not compare the mulch cut, but the SD cut was great.
    Here's the Questions.
    What's new on the Super Mini Z's this year?
    I heard a rumor of larger tires....

Any place online for parts?

How does it mulch? general feedback? any pros & cons.
    I do all residential. 15000 sf+..

This will be my first Z. So any tips etc for the newbie Z owner is appreciated.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes, larger tires...we started shipping the 23" tire units back in October.
    We did change the frame to accommodate the mounting position of the wheel motors, so we could use larger tires.
    There are still a few 20" model Mini's out there, and they are on sale at most dealers, the 20" model is a bit lower to the ground and is a little bit shorter in overall length.
    As far as mulching goes, use our mulch kit and a set of Gators and you will have a awesome mulching machine.
    I am not aware of any dealers that have online parts lookup.
    We are working on adding it to our website in the future.
    If you need a parts manual or owners manual I can supply it to you in Adobe PDF form, via e-mail, they are rather large files so you should have a high speed connection.
    Hope this helps, and thank you for looking at and trying out the best mower for your money.

3. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

I put the mulch kit on my super mini and it leaves a debris trail behind it from the left side blade now. I'm considering a quik chute now for next year........it definately cut better with the side discharge
  4. icatcher

icatcher LawnSite Member

Two differing opinions on the mulch kit...
    Any others...
  5. syncom2

syncom2 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

So what's the driving factor(s) behind upping the wheel size to 23" on the latest Mini-Z models?
    Were there any manufacturing changes made to correct the scorching problems that a running engine will do to the grass if left running while it's sittin' still on the grass?
  6. icatcher

icatcher LawnSite Member

Also what type of blades is everyone using with the mulch kit?
  7. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

I'm using single gator blades. I was using them with the side discharge too and was totally happy with them....but I've got a couple spots where adjacent property owners dont want clippings blown onto their yard cause they bag their cuttings and fertilize every two weeks (its the truth!!!). So....I went with the mulch kit. I think I can get by those few small problem areas by using a quick chute instead and taking off the mulch kit.
  8. icatcher

icatcher LawnSite Member

Thanks For the reply!
    This is a major purchase for me so all the info I can get is appreciated.
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

do you have a pic of the revamped mini?
  10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sorry for the delay.
    Here is 1 of 2 pics I just received.