4 ofjuly

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by angelosantojoe1, May 28, 2007.

1. angelosantojoe1

angelosantojoe1 LawnSite Member

i have 30 lawns and iam not to sure what to do about the 4 of july i cut on wednesday and thursday the 4th falls on wednesday what would u guys do

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Work extra hard on the 3rd and 5th !!

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would say do anything you can not to mow on wed. We would have lots of people really mad if we cut on the 4th. Although I would not even if they wanted me.:laugh:

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

If the 4th falls on a Monday or Friday then I don't cut and I alter my schedule around it... but if it falls in the middle of the week it is just too hard to deal with taking that day off.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What about the 5 days of the week you don't cut on....what's up with them...some reason why you can't mow any other day?? Has it never rained on a Wed/Thur before???

6. angelosantojoe1

angelosantojoe1 LawnSite Member

i am a manager in a retail store right now iam doing 45 hrs a week there i take 2 days off a week to cut the grass.

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

We will work the 4th. Probably will make it an early day, but we risk losing too much income if it should rain on one of the other days that week.

I have never had a complaint about us working on the 4th. Now, if there is some big event going on at said house, we will skip it. But there is usually nothing going on anyway.

Just another work day to me.

I'll have some cold ones waiting on the guys when they get in.

8. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

We have a very full schedule so we will be working. If someone has a party on a holiday they will inform us ahead of time and I will adjust if possible. The way I see it the winter months and Sundays are my days off. Matt

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I guess I'd mow on the 4th then, unless things are not growing too fast, then maybe you could just skip Wed. and just deal with it the next week.

It's probably no biggie to mow that day if you want...most people seem to be either on vacation or out somewhere. If they have a party most likely it will be later in the day to coincide with fireworks.

10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

we push up the schedule up a day