4 on suspended list

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 4, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, i have 4 late payers. fees were due in by 5/1/06, and, as of 5/3/06, four people havn't paid. they are being skipped this week. these are all new clients. in order to re-activate, they will need to send payment due + $10 late fee. no exceptions. and no discounts for missing this weeks mowing. i can't stand a late payer
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

So when they pay, and you show up the following week and the grass is twice as tall, will they be charged a double mowing fee.... for the aggravation and extra time of having to deal with high thick messy grass???
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

major, they are on a seasonal billing arrangement, they pay "per season" not "per mow". so, yes, the additional work is paid for. btw, i see you're up unusually early...or, are you just getting home?
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Of course i know they are on a "seasonal mow"... however, I think it is absurd to show up a week or maybe two later after they pay, and still cut it that week for your usual normal $30 fee. That sounds like a lot of fun dealing with that springlike growth that hasn't been touched in weeks for $30. Sounds to me at that point, you'll be doing extra work, cause if you would have been cutting each week, it would have been A LOT easier. Might want to rethink things. :dizzy:
    As for my earliness, a friend of mine died and I couldn't sleep... but thanks for your interest.
  5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

its got me buggered why people will give you **** about this .if anybody was to do anything different they would be left with a headache and a bill larger than what your talking about..............go figure
  6. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Bobby you seem like a real pain in *!@ to deal with.
  7. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby, you'd be in the soup line down here with those policies.

In fact, you'd be in the mental hospital if you expect anyone to prepay down here.
  8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Im sure Bob will charge for the week/s he didnt cut!

Would that be correct Bob?
  9. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Bobby says they pay "per season". Je will not cut this week, so he is "banking" some of the seasonal money. Next week he will have longer grass to deal with and may have to spend a little extra time. The extra time next week will be more than covered by the banked time from this week. It won't take him twice as long to cut next week. Lesson learned by the customer, and overall Bobby wins money-wise.
  10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

You are competing against a world of FBNr's who would love to get a good property next year. Keep that in mind when you aggravate your customer too much. I think your skipping the lawn is only a good idea if you give the late payers a call and ask them if "they have recieved their invoice" or something like that. Always give the customer the benifit of the doubt that it was simply over-looked due to being a new bill.