4 pin trailer 7 pin truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Patatoe1, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

Hey all have a couple questions. Both of my trailers have four pin connectors.
    My '02 F-150 has the four pin connection
    My '07 F-150 has both the four pin and seven pin connection
    But my '03 F-550 only has the seven pin connection

How do I go about setting either the trailers up to be able to hook up to both four and seven pin connections? Or how do I go about setting the F-550 to accept four pin connectors?

Hope that made sense.:)

2. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

3. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

A 7 to 4 adapter for the F550 only is what you need. No big deal. They are cheap and work well. A 4 pin plug does not have brakes.

5. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

I love sites like these. I knew what I needed, but the places that I had called around to had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks guys.

One more question. I am correct when saying seven pin right? Is there something called a six pin too?

6. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Yes there is a six pin also look on the link I provided earlier it shows it.

Mike.

7. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

There is a 6 pin but most trucks and trailers have 7 pins. You can go to any trailer store and buy an adapter. Not a big deal at all. You might be able to find one at wal mart even!

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

any place like autozone will have em but check EBAY! i have a seven pin on my truck and my trailer is six pin.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a 7 pin trailer. The guy at the place gave me a good idea. He gave me a 7 pin plug and gave me the wiring diagram. Im pretty sure its a universal thing so i will post it here, if some one wants to correct me that would be good.

Wire: Terminal:
    Green >>> Brown
    Brown >>> Green
    Yellow >>> Red
    White >>> White

I have not tried it but im pretty sure it will work. Now I have 7 pin on both my trailers. WAY better then crappy old 4 pin.

Cheers
    Jeff

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

If you have to go to Walls-Mart.