4 Saisons, Welcome to the Lawn Forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I want to welcome you to the Lawn Forum here at Lawnsite. For the members that haven't read any of Denis's posts on the Snow Forum, he is from the French speaking part of Canada. From what I read, he uses a translating program to read our posts and to make posts here. If some of the words don't come out just right, you will at least know what he has to go through to comunicate with us. Did I get this information right Denis? If not, please correct me.

I think this is a great thing you are doing Denis and I want to give you a personal welcome to the Lawn Forum. We can all learn from each other. :)
  2. Thanks eric

Right, i'm french canadian, butabout the translation program you are wrong, i can easily read all your post but writing is another story...the altavista translator don't give good result with snowplowing and lawncare terms. One more thing the translator accept only good quality french too. I try it 2 times and laugh 2 times reading the results. (who am i to spell check the translator)

I just need to pratice to improve myself, and next fall i will go with a teacher to know wath i'm doing wrong.

I met an english contractor too in my area this winter (probably the only one) and he gave me lot of new english customer.

My province try 2 times to separate from Canada (early 80) and in 96 or 97 we loss by less than 1%, English will be and even now, is necessary for world trading.

Have fun reading my post, i try the better i can !

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Is an AMAZING thing. Welcome to the sunnier (or rainier) side of things Denis.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome t the forum, nice to have you aboard. Hope things get a little easier for you. We're all here to help.

Precision Landscaping.
  5. Being somewhat ignorant English writing, for me all thus seems comprehensible and without error.lol..Thus believing me inteligent.

Now, more I learn some more I carry out my ignorance.

It is the human silly thing...

6. Denis your English is better than most here.

I attribute the poor English to the take over of the US public schools by NEA tenured union thugs in the 1970's.

When I see the communication skills of many here is to spot the winners and losers.

By posting illegible messages one slaps the rest of the forum in the face by expecting everyone to try and read their pig Latin.

It is just pure laziness why they don’t at least spell check
    their messages. There is no excuse for one can download star office for free http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hatsway rongway ithway eadingray igpay atinlay? [​IMG]

Denis, welcome to the lawn forum.

8. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Welcome to the forum denis,I'm happy to see an other Canadian on the site.Have fun!
  9. Lawrence Tanks for the spell checker and the good comments.

Jody you giving me hardtime, what is this verbiage??? Even the translator and my dictionnary don't understand. I suppose its the way we pronounce some english word.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Nah Denis, I was just writing in Pig Latin like Lawerence had said.

This sentence: Hatsway rongway ithway eadingray igpay atinlay? just said: What's wrong with reading pig Latin?