1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

4 Speed XT

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 24, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Guys,

Checking out an alternate line of products from a different distributor. Just for kicks and a little price savings.

Has anyone used 4 Speed XT? Results/risks?
    What does the ingredient 'Pyraflufen' do for you?
    Other than that, it is a typical 3 way including Triclopyr.
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I did a blanket app on my own 2 acre lawn this summer. I had a lot of oxalis and clover and some various other weeds scattered around. I used basagran and MSO along with it and it hammered 100% of the weeds including all the yellow nutsedge. The oxalis was yellow within a couple hours. I got no turf burn. Basagran works wonders on yellow nutsedge.

This is a portion of my backyard. The weak looking spots is where weeds were present and now dead in this picture. This was taken about 5 days after cutting and as you can see no nutsedge and before I sprayed the basagran it was LOADED with nutsedge. I know your not asking about that but I always try to promote it because it works so well and is so cheap compared to other nutsedge products.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Pyraflufen is also sold Octane ( I think) and it acts very similar to carfentrazone and sulfentrazone. PPO inhibitors. Fast acting, burns out small weeds, yet safe on grass. Low toxicity.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

OK, thanks. So is Pyraflufen effective on yellow nutsedge? I would guess it would 'supress' only at the levels in a cocktail like 4Speed XT.
  5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I used it on a few properties during our unusually cool spring and it worked very well in those conditions.
  6. turfmanagementspecialty

turfmanagementspecialty LawnSite Member

I use a lot of 4 speed xt and love it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. RigglePLC

There is no claim by the Octane herbicide maker as to activity on nutsedge. Does nothing for nutsedge.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump for more thoughts on 4 Speed XT from Nufarm.

I can get a good deal on this mix, prebuy, prior to spring.

Thinking of switching from the Vessel (3way) + Turflon Ester Ultra I have been using. I like it BUT if I can utilize a premix product, with the exact same ingredients (plus Octane) that costs less, then I would go for it.
  9. Northern Turf Man

Northern Turf Man LawnSite Member

I've been curious about 4 Speed-XT as well. Thinking I'd like to try it out this season. I've used Momentum in the past with pretty decent results, but wondering if the addition of pyraflufen in 4S XT would make for quicker visual results....
  10. RigglePLC