4 Stolen Mowers, Indiana Please Read/help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassbandit, Mar 27, 2006.

1. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

Just found out this morning that someone stole 4 mowers from my local dealer probably late Sunday night. Please keep an eye out for these. I will get serial numbers asap.
    1 Husqvarna LZ6123TL New
    1 Husqvarna IZ5223T New
    1 Husqvarna IZ4819T New
    1 Hustler Super Z 60" Used

The Husqvarna model numbers are deck size, then horse power I.E.
    6123 Is 61" deck w/ 23hp motor.
    Thank you for any information. It is a sad thing that we have to worry about thieves every day of our lives. This could put my dealer out of business, and that means everyone around here suffers.

2. grassbandit

just trying to keep this page fresh, please help if you have any info

3. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

The guy should be insured no?

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think that is the point.

These mowers will show up, and when that happens:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

kc

5. grassbandit

Yes he is insured, but he is a small dealer, and had a mower stolen last year, and now this. His insurance will likely skyrocket.
    I like this :hammerhead:

6. one man gang

from N. In.

Well he said it could but him out of business right? I don't see how unless he wasn't insured. If he wasn't insured for theft he'd never be able to be a dealer in the first place. I feel for the guy but no way should a simple theft be able to knock him out of business.I doubt they'll show up unless it was dumb kids doing the theft.

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you had every piece of equipment you use in your business stolen and your insurance company doesn't pay full replacement cost, how much business do you think you would lose if you can't afford to replace everything at once? I'm talking trailers and all. How many customers do you think you would lose while you are not able to maintain them?

8. one man gang

from N. In.

No problem I would just buy stolen stuff,nice and cheap.

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep an eye on e-bay

10. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe he stole them himself, and they are sitting at a friend of his house waiting to be discreetly sold used hot. Then he also collects the insurance.

Not uncommon. Just sayin.