4 Stroke Backpack Blower/ What One?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WETSCAPE, May 20, 2008.

1. WETSCAPE

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

Hi all, I need some honest opinions on a 4 stroke backpack blower. It will be used daily. What would you buy.
    Brands/models to look at?
    Thanks as always for the help!!!

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

If you have a Stihl dealer near by take a look at the BR600 or if Shindaiwa is closer check out the Shindaiwa EB8510.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Read a lot of posts, don't listen to anyone's opinion. Read, the answer is out there.

There are some less popular brand....Makita/Robin that have BIG 75.6cc 4 cycle blower with separate oil. Look into this:

http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=product_det&tag=BBX7600

I have no experience on any of these, BUT you don't need experience to read this forum and is very very obvious which one is not good.

4. WETSCAPE

WETSCAPE LawnSite Member

Thanks......

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

the 600 everyday day of the week in the rain and it will peel the grass up and throw it right back in the yard. its the good buy the smart buy Stihl br 600

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The Shindaiwa C4 engines are great. My vote goes for the EB8510.

7. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I personally love my shindaiwa eb8510 it will blow a battery across a concrete floor. This blower has never let me down. I tried it out one day before I bought it and then the 600 the 600 had the turbo nozzle on it and 8510 and it still felt stronger. I bought the 8510 and put the turbo nozzle on it and what a difference it turned this thing into an even bigger beast the thing torques your back when you rev it. I would not have anything else. Oh ya it sips fuel too.

8. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a problem with the Stihls when the weather is cold. They won't pull over, and I've literally had to wedge them against an immovable part of the truck just to pull the cord out. That, and the "Ninja Turtle" design ensures that they roll around unless you bungee them in. They burn a lot of gas and they're comprised of a dozen more parts than their predecessors.
    They do move a bunch of air, though.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

shindy C4 = 4 Cycle, or 4 stroke.

What do you mean by 4 mix? I'm not used to that term.

I'm thinking you mean 4 cycle...which means it takes straight gas...which means a worse product as of right now.

10. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas