4 STROKE BP Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daner, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys think about the new 4 stroke Back pack blowers??
    How do they run conpared to the old 2 bangers
    The 2 that have me interested are the stihl...and the new Big blue by Shindaiwa
    Do you really need all that MPH That they have?...But i bet they run smooth
  2. jims lawn service

jims lawn service LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I have two of the Stihl BR 600's and love them.
  3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Stihl BR600 and can tell you that it starts on the first or second pull in the morning's then 1 pull after that. It is more quiet, and I don't know if it's smooth or not.....the reason I can't tell is because it's so well isolated from my back I barely know it's there, i.e. yes, it's smoooooth. The best feature IMHO is that it's lighter than the competition
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Im a 2cycle man...It's gonna take alot for us to switch over...Tell me are they that good as far as weight compared to a 2 cycle?
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

The main reason I got the BR600 was because it was lighter than my Echo BP650
  6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The Shindy weighs in at an extra 4 lbs
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't the 600 a two stroke with valves? I guess I thought the true 4 stroke had a crandcase with oil...maybe I am wrong an maybe it don't make a difference. I like the kill swith on the 600 but I don't like the fact you can't remove the end snout in close situations. That stupid wire is the problem.
  8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Hess, agree with ya that the tube is hard to use in tight places,haven't had this one long but seems to be a good unit over all.Went to a quickie Stihl school a while back, and the valves on the blower are butt easy to set,recommended at 130 hrs but if the unit is still running good don't mess with them is what I was told.Over all I like it so far.
  9. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I got one Br 600 and love mine!!
  10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I got the 4 stroke Stihl edger (FC110) and it starts first pull, seems to run lower rpm but is a torque demon! I have not tried the backpack yet, but probably the same, quieter, lower rpm with bigger results.