1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

4 Stroke Stihl Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Q-Team Inc, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

Has anyone used one of these? Im looking at getting a new one and was just wondering how these rate.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I keep on getting that letter postcard to buy one and I also get a new t-shirt, but I am still not totally convinced on the 4-stroke models yet
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked them out: heavy, expensive, and lots of extra little parts turning 10K rpm's. On the other hand everone that I've talked to that has one sez their OK.
  4. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of torque, they run the brooms extremely well, kinda heavy for light trimming id say
  5. knuckshemi

knuckshemi LawnSite Member

I love mine, very easy to start,
  6. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I have the trimmer and edger and love both thats all i will be buying from now on
  7. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

The exact same as Potomac Lawns- I can't say enough good about them.
  8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about the 4mix or regular 4 stroke? I love my 4mix which is a 4 cycle engine that runs on 2 cycle fuel.
  9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Excellent tools. I've had mine about 4 months and it has performed perfectly. Lots of power and easy to start. It is a little heavier than the 2 strokes, but after a few days of using it you don't notice the difference.
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

They have alot of power, even at half throttle. If you have many jobs that last more than an hour to trim, they get pretty heavy.