4 stroke trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KillerShark, Jul 2, 2001.

1. KillerShark

KillerShark LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any feedback on 4 stroke string trimmers? Good or Bad.

Thanks
    Lonny

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Demoed a Robin. Very powerful was using .105 line with no problems! Very fuel efficient. About the same price as a 2 cycle. A tad bit heavier, but not noticable.

3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently purchased a Honda 4 stroke trimmer and I am extremely pleased with it. It is quiet, fuel efficient (twice that of my Stihl), has less vibration and is well balanced. It's torque also allows for fasting and crisper cutting. The weight was an issue at first but after a couple of days I got used to it and now no longer use the strap for it. Overall, it's a great piece of machinery and I would highly reccomend it. Those that say 2 strokes require less maintenance due to not having to change and dispose of oil tend to forget that you have mix oil with gas for the 2 stroke units. Thus, is that really an argument.

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

can you edge with them .or will they lock up from holding them strait up to edge .

5. nasandsons

nasandsons LawnSite Member

rdh,

I edge with mine all the time. The Honda 4 cycle engine is designed to operate fully at 360 degrees. Had this trimmer for 2 seasons and have had absolutely no problems at all with it. Looking into getting a second one. The power is awesome and like stated previously, it is extremely well balanced.

Have a good one.

David:blob3:

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are these trimmers?

7. D&V

D&V LawnSite Member

These trimmers are way too much and way too heavy.
    I bought a Honda 4 stroke engine and it was much heavier and cost much more than my Stihl FS80. Just an opinion.

8. I like my Honda. But it is heavy. Smooth and smokefree. Great when used for dethatching the Zoysia (using a blade attachment). Use also for reg maintenance/edging. I still use my t-270 alot. I think the new Robin would be better in the weight dept.

Aloha,
    P.Y.S.

9. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

We have two Honda string trimmers,This is there second season and thay work great,Honda also came out with a stick edger,and we will replace our Echo stick edger ,soon with a Honda.

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

it would be interesting to see how they get a four stroke to operate
    at 180 and such.