4 stroke trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

So how have they been doing? There are the Hondas and Stihls, what else is out there?
    I'm sure most of you got the STIHL mailer today. $330 for the new 4stroke dosn't seem that bad.

Anyone know what a Shin T230 weighs?

2. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Got the mailer too. We will try the stihl, and if we dont like the weight, we will put our edger att. on it and the weedeater head on the old edger engine.. Weight is not such an issue with edgers, but you can always use power.

3. Munz

Munz LawnSite Member

The edger attachment cannot be put on the FS 110rx, but can on the FS 110r. So check the model number.

4. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

A Shindaiwa T231 weighs 10.9lbs without debris shield and cutting attachment.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

And for a couple of extra pounds, move up to the t270.Night and day difference between the two in power to weight .I use Shins exclusively with no problems.....

6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new Honda 4 stroke last spring and I still love it. It is a little heavy, but it's real powerful so in my opinion it's worth the weight.

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

It says the FS110RX weighs 11.2 lbs.

8. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The FS110RX might weigh 11.2 lbs on the moon!

It is pretty freakin' heavy in my humble opinion compared to the FS85

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

keep in mind the "x" is code for crap. it has the hollow drive shaft rendering it useless for anything other than a weed whip.