1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

4 Toro timemaster`s - 600hr mark conclusion.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by instyle, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Just saying no oil changes or sharpening blades is just plain lazy!!! Figure those mowers would last a lot longer if they were taken care of and not abused!
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I can see how this would work well. Run them all season, at the end of the season take parts to make 3 decent mowers, keep the best for backup and sell the other 2 next spring. Then buy 4 more.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I agree with you I would change the oil too . But maybe under his conditions he has figured out the extra time to do so just doesnt make enough difference. He gambled and it worked for him.
    I surprised those Briggs lasted 600 hrs that way, many on here claimed the briggs would not hold up over 300 hrs. I know mine always starts on the 1st pull and doesn't use oil yet.
  4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

He is not proposing a new business model. It is what he did- and it worked for him. Bravo!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Dont know about Canada tax laws but in the states four new at 100% write off in 1 yr is a Very Very smart plan..
  6. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I'd be lying if I said the time master isn't a tempting purchase to someone who would put around 350-400 hours a summer on thier walk behind. Especially after the OP banged out 600 hrs 4 out of 4 times with no maintenance and they all still run fine. Maybe it's my position....I plan on starting up a business this spring. I have a 52"stander but need a WB for residentials due to most properties here are also avg 50x100. Currently I work for a company with ferris hydro cuts. Great machines, total work horse but at 3.5 times the price for 2 extra inches coupled with not wanting to have a huge over head before landing any contracts. Time master might be the answer for my 1st walk behind. By the time it dies, it should make me enough to replace it with a hydro cut.
    Thank you OP for starting this thread.
  7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, to each his own I guess...some may not agree with the way others do things, however, no need to take a shot at someone because of how they do things

seems this thread went off course from what the op intended so I am closing this one down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.