1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$40,000 Salary plus Car??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boohoo, Nov 25, 2002.

1. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Who here would leave there self employed "bliss" and go back to working for the man for $40,000 salary plus car with benefits???
    Doing the same grunt work etc as now but profits going to the man.
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me. Things would have to get REALLY BAD for me to EVER go back to working for the "man".
  3. dr grass

dr grass Banned

i will never make anyone a profit, unless it is of course myself. ill be self employed until i DIE!!

shep :cool:
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Dr, tell us how you really feel. LOL
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've only been in business for about 2 years now, and I tell ya, I dont think I could go back to working for the man either.

I like the hours, I like the work, I like the money, I like it.
  6. zimm4

zimm4 LawnSite Member

No way. Stay self employed. You can make a lot more then that.

Have your freedom and creative life.
  7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

but $60, 000 with car, benifits, pension, if the position had little stress, i'd have to sit and think about it.
  8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Uhh, I left my job making more than that to start this business. The answer is quite simple. Besides, as much as a money pig I am, it wasn't really the money that made me start my own business. It's being in charge and in control that made me do this. The profits will eventually come. :)
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am not saying $40,000 is nothing but I would take a lot more then that but I could be convinced. This might even be easy depending on how rainy the day is.

10. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

backstabbing....useless meetings...unpaid overtime....layoffs. Now that I am out of the environment, I will not go back. The highest amount I ever made was 42,000 in the corporate world and that came with years of loyalty and training and a degree only to get laid off. I look back and laugh at it now, I make more in the growing season than I did all year in the corporate world and also love what I am doing.