40,000 sq ft. fert program

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jeff_0, Apr 16, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

What would you charge per application. I told the customer $200 per app. She said that will be fine. Was that not enough. i know some people chard $6 per k. so that would be $240. it's a large yard so i charged $5 per k. Thanks for any input

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

CAn you make money at that price? If you're fine with what you make from that then it's a non-issue, if you find you're short at the Mcdonalds counter after the friday paycheck then maybe you need to charge more. I'm poking some fun with you but, Your price there sounds pretty fair, but you need to know what your market is for a price because sometimes you may be leaving money on the table and other times you could be cutting yourself short. At $200 in my market your doing fine!

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just got a card in the mail today from Chem-Lawn, $24.95 for the first 5,000 sq ft., then after that call for a quote. Looks to me like that's $5 / k. Personally, I can get by at $4 / k and be making pretty good money, but that's just straight fert. and a little elbow grease.

4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I KNOW Chem-Lawn ( in our area ) is ALOT LOWER then $5 per for a 40k yard. That $24.95 for 5k is their minimum, and the rate starts to SLIDE FAST after that. I've seen it down to $2.50/k on larger yards. STILL DOESN'T BEAT the $1.25/k I saw an independent guy charging for 32k!!! At $5 for 40k you are doing well for Indiana.

Mike

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

application of what?

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I wish we could get those prices here! Anytime you can go out and spread 30 bucks worth of product (about 30 minutes worth), and collect 200 bucks, you're doin' something right.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

40k,for product, would cost around $64 for granular dimension w/fert. i would charge about $250-$275