40:1 or 50:1?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 17, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know what ratio to use for a redmax 6200 BP blower? I am new to the backpacks and wondering if it is a 40:1 or a 50:1 ? My echo edger is a 50:1 but my string trimmer and hand held blower is a 40:1. Is this pretty common that different brands use different mixtures?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know if you know this, but IT IS IN THE OWNERS MANUAL? Cant you open it and read?

Trevor

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres the manual to print out in Adobe PDF form: http://www.redmax.com/download/EB6200_903.pdf

Generally speaking, its better to have more oil in the gas, than not. I've said it on this site before, but I'll say it again to everyone: You're better off with more oil, than having the specified ratio that the manual says you gotta have. Wouldnt you rather have peace of mind that your 2-cycle machines are being lubricated well with the sign of a little smoke to prove that fact? Be safe, and be lubriated.

(By the way, no pun intended):rolleyes:

4. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, i am not that stupid, if I had an owners manual I would look it up. Is it safe to assume that when people ask questions on this board it is because they do not have any other way of finding out? I am looking at buying this blower used and want to know what is supposed to be run through it, then I am going to ask the guy what he has been running through it, becuase last I talked to him he kind of avioded the question. If you know an answer shoot, if not don't be all cocky bout things. THanks anyhow.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Boy.

Make sure that in your truck when it calls for 5.5 quarts to add 8. More oil is better.
    That is not true at all. Why do you think that the manual calls for what it calls for?

Trevor

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

You are most welcome:cool:

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

I SAID 2-CYCLE FOR A REASON. did you learn how to read in school?

I dont mean add 10:1 when it calls for 60:1. That'd be insane. If you have some machines that are 40:1, and a 60:1, then it might be better to make seperate cans. If your 2-CYCLE (get the hint Trevor?) equipment calls for a 40:1 and a 50:1, you can put 40:1 in the machine that calls for 50:1 also.

8. 80 to 1 amsoil synthetic ..is what i use in about 4 ifferent brands ..echo sthil redmax husky

9. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Why sweat it? Start using Opti-2 (or Amsoil) and one mix is good for all your 2-cycle equipment.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6