400 clients first year, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Hermanator, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I just started this last March 2005. Didn't really decide till 15 March to have a lc biz, but thought it should work. Just finishing up the season here now and we are at about 400 clients. Average yard is $25.75 with all figured in and that includes some commercial stuff, but nothing really large.

Just wondering if others have had the same results and what I should expect next year. Thanx a lot!

2. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, $10g's a week. You are now my new official hero.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Some on this site may call you a low baller. if you are profitable at this rate good for you. If you are getting 85% of the bids you are putting out you are probably leaving money on the table. ]n short I would have to say no, 400 accounts in one year is not normal.

4. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

At what point in the season did you need to hire employees. And what did you do to get that many yards?

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I think everyone here would like know what in the world you did to get that many accounts so fast!

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Put an extra 0 behind the 40 :dizzy:

7. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my gear in august, mainly just to get used to it and start an advertising blitz this winter. I figure I will be lucky to come up with 60 a week. So if you are for real, how did you do it?

8. Hermanator

ended with 3, 3 man crews. starting hiring, as my family became to busy for all of us to do the work ourselves.

9. Hermanator

also, please remember, we ended with that many, we statred with zero, so we did not earn 10g's a month all summer. picked up about 150 in the month of august alone. there people lower then us for sure, as I run into them from time to time. i suppose there are higher ones also, but it it my plan to get 99.9 percent of the accounts that call. I do not give bids, i tell them the price on the phone when they call. to date, i have gotten 99.9% of the peolpe that called that are residental. commercial ones my closing is about 85%, still learning on correct pricing for the larger jobs. we are looking at doing spraying next year as well. figure all of our customers that we mow for, that fert/spray their yards will have us do it.

10. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody think this might be bobbygedd's other personality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.