$400/hour - thanks TURFCO

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by americanlawn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Forever Green Landscaping

Forever Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

I think your math might be off a bit I get $687 an hour from the numbers and hours you posted

2. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Please clarify...were all 3 apps a total of 8.5 acres @ 6.5 hours? If so, that would be approximately 2.8 acres per app = $490 per application X 3 = $1470.00. This totals 2.17 hours allowed for each app. That would be $225.81/ hr. I'll assume this is wrong.

If that is wrong, then are you saying each application totals 6.5 hours per 8.5 acres x $175.00 = $1487.50 per app? 3 total apps = $4462.50. That also means a total of 24.5 acres treated. Divide that by 6.5 hours and that means you are doing 3.77 acres/hour. That's moving.

That is awesome if you are correct.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

If you scroll back and read what was said back and forth I think you will pick up what happened. Either way no offense was intended. I asked what an offensive end was...(I sort of thought they meant a tight end but I had never heard a tight end referred to as that) You responded a tight end. I asked if that was what you guys called tight ends in florida. Anyways...that was it. It had nothing to do with seperating words or spelling or anything. I know you didn't make the intitial comment but you answered my original question and I responded.