*%^&

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Feb 17, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't get the stupis oil out w/o getting it everywhere. Do any of you have a picture of how I could put a 3/8" pipe thing to make the oil drain easier. I just went out and bought the parts but, they were not the right ones. I s there a $5 fix that could make this easier?

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

can you post a good pic of your problem?

3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Mow More makes an oil drain valve. I bought a few last year but have not tried them yet. I think they were $6.00. Looks like you can install them in place of the drain plug and attach a hose when you need to change the oil. I was thinking a hydraulic line would work better. I have one that came stock on a Swenson salt sander I bought last year. Seems more durable than the valve from Mow More.

4. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i just use half of one of thoes christmas paper rolls and let the oil drain down it. my dealer does the same. its good for a lot of oil changes. no mods to my equipment either...thats a plus.
    try it it works!

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you draining? My Scag 17hp is a messy oil change, it was the first thing I complained about to a Scag rep. The dealer tried to sell me something that wouldn't work. I need something, too.
    PS why didnt you name the thread properly? Better chance of getting an answer. A lot of people won't read a thread that is not titled.
    Crawdad

6. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mow More makes an oil drain valve. I bought a few last year but have not tried them yet. I think they were $6.00. Looks like you can install them in place of the drain plug and attach a hose when you need to change the oil. I was thinking a hydraulic line would work better. I have one that came stock on a Swenson salt sander I bought last year. Seems more durable than the valve from Mow More.

Be sure and watch those valves if they are the plastic twist and lock. After awhile the ears don't hold and the valve leaks. That ain't good.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What is Mow More? Do they have a website?

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Just take it to your local carwash and park over the large grates....pull the plug and let it flow. Wait a minute....I though I was the "Lawn Chopper"....lol How about a funnel with some clear hose attatched to the end, then just direct it to your oil pan. I just use my 'ol "beer funnel" left over from high school....lol

Actually I don't use this method, but a simple idea I just had. Sounds like it should work.

MATT

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Could you get a 2 liter soda bottle and cut it to fit like a custom funnel?