42 Fastrak vs 42 Mini Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mcrespo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mcrespo

mcrespo LawnSite Member

Can you explain the differences between the Fastrak and Mini Fastrak please.

Also, the 19/42 SD replaced the 19/42 Mini Z, correct? My dealer has both but wants the same price, isn't the mini z an 07 model and the SD an 08 model?

I mow 6 residential rental properties I own, about 40 hrs per season on the machine, which machine would you recommend?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

FasTrak vs Mini FasTrak......
    Smaller deck sizes, narrower frame, smaller hp engines, different drive axles, the FasTrak has a heavier duty ZT2800 with spin on filters.
    If you need a 36/42 mower then the Mini FasTrak or FasTrak SD is for you.
    If you want the larger decks and more hp I would be going with the FasTrak or FasTrak SD.
    In the 36/42 unit the SD replaced the Mini Z, same unit other than the decals.
    The price changed in November with our annual price increases, if you can buy a 08 for the price of a 07 then you have a good deal, the only thing different is the decals and the serial #.
    Recommendation....
    What size is the largest deck you can go with? limitations on storage or trailering? gates? if none of these are a issue I would be looking at the 48/54 FasTrak or FasTrak SD.

Pj

3. mcrespo

mcrespo LawnSite Member

Ok, so the Fastrak is heavier duty than the mini-Fastrak. My limitation is gate size, a 42 is the biggest I can go. The dealer has a 17/42 Fastrak, 19/42 mini z, and some SD's, not sure which. The 42 Fastrak is no longer made, correct?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is no such model as a FasTrak 42, there was a FasTrak 44 and there is a 42 Mini FasTrak.
    The 42 Mini FasTrak is made still, the 44" FasTrak is not.
    I would look at the FasTrak SD in the 42 (or the Mini Z 42, same unit).
    The Mini FasTrak 42 may do what you want, but for what your explaining, I would want a v-twin commercial grade engine, and the 17/42 isnt a twin, its a residential grade Kohler single cylinder.

Pj