42" Mini Z - ?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jeffack1, Mar 27, 2006.

1. jeffack1

jeffack1 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Hi,

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a Mini Fastrak (42") or a Fastrack (44" or 52") and have just read that Hustler is suppose to be coming out with a 42" Mini Z.

I will be using this mower as a homeowner and really like the idea of being able to get a commercial mower this size from Hustler.

Can you let me know when these are going to be available?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are going into full production next month, in fact we have completed a pilot run of them, and they are going to start showing up at dealers for demo's and such real soon.

Pj

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

What's the MSRP?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

36" Model # 928192 / HMZ17KAW36 MSRP = $5,199 spring special price $4,499
    42" Model # 928200 / HMZ19KAW42 MSRP = $5,499 spring special price $4,799

5. jmb18

jmb18 LawnSite Member

Also, do you have any specs on those mowers? Are all of the components the same as the other mini Z mowers (except for the deck size and engine of course)?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

7. Roger's Lawn

Roger's Lawn LawnSite Member

Pj or other experts,

I am looking at purchasing a Mini Z this month. What are the main differences between a Mini Z 42" and 44" (besides 2":) )... any input would be appreciated.
    I mow about 5 acres with a lot of trees and moderate slopes.

Thanks,

Joel

8. Scott S.

Scott S. LawnSite Member

Well I was in the same quandry, and I can tell you I went with the Mini Z because it is a higher end mower for just about the same price. For this price you get larger trim area than 18/44", bigger tires, better engine, better air cleaner, and better hydros. Even my local dealer, when I picked mine up, said that this thing is going to kill the sales of the Fastracks.

The only downfalls I've seen so far are (1) striping capabilities (2) doesn't come with a hitch and (3) need to manually switch between fuel tanks.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The above mentioned reasons are good points.
    You can buy a hitch for the Mini Z's.
    All of our mowers have a fuel switch also, so there is no difference there.
    I would suggest the Mini 44" with pumps and wheel motors for the slopes you have.

Pj