42'' SWISHER mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TriplePLandscaping, Aug 11, 2005.

1. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

does n e one have one of these with the 11.5 horse power engine. if you do how do they work. i can pick one up for 1200 from tsc. do u think thats a good price

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i dont think that will hold up......
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

junk. I wouldn't buy any mowing equipment from TSC.
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Does not sound like much for $1200.00 Look for a bigger wb, used for $1200.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

It's $1200 not that much to be out if it works for awhile and makes you money. You can sell it when you're done and get some money back. I have loked at them and they seem good enough for a wide open area. Just remember that I as well as the other guys who posted here have likely never used one though.
  6. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Yeah it might be ok for your own yard. But if you intend to mow commercially with it you'll be sorry. Buy a commercial duty mower, this means youll actually have to visit a shop that specializes in outdoor power equipment, not some place that sells bird seed also.............
  7. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

I was in Sam's Club the night before last and saw a Swisher ZTR with a 14.5 Briggs and a 36" cut. It was kinda tucked in between some Troy-Bilts and it was $1999.99, I was like Hmm, so I cat on it, looked around it, almost fired it up but an employee walked by. Anyway, it looks VERY cheaply made, to adust the deck you had to turn this little crank handle like a trailer jack, and a piece of lamenated paper on the deck with measurments on it poked through the floorboard and it would say and how many inches you were cutting at. I could've broke the parking brake on it and it looked real cheap, the handles were all loose, and it wasn't real comfy to sit on either.

Come to find out it was used and was originally $2,699.00 and it was a used one that had been returned, I would've returned it too if I would've bought it it!

I have never rode a Swisher and cannot say anything about else them but except I have said, only sat on one in a store.
  8. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Gizmo.........would you recommend your crapsman mower?
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I just remember something. That includes everything that mowing equipment related, including employees. My one guy used to work at TSC. He can't cut a straight line to save his life. But is invaluable in landscape projects. He is all musle.
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The deck on those looks like total trash. No rollers or nothing. Scalp city.