44 accounts and one owner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sanfordandsonfan, Nov 6, 2003.

1. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

I just signed a contract with a property owner who owns 44 pieces of property. All the properties are within one square mile from each other. They are four to six family apartments with no back yards. He had a set amount that he was willing to pay and I excepted. Three cuts per month April thru October. In the neighborhood of fourteen thousand for the season. It will be great fill in work, I work in the area every day anyway. You never know what lies around the corner. I would rather own the 44 buildings but cutting wont be bad. Each property will have the bushes trimmed twice per season and mulched once. Obviously a seperate price for each.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

3 cuts a month? hmm guess its a different climate out there. 4-5cuts a months is my average for most clients.
  3. sanfordandsonfan

I also cut 90% of my customers four times per month, this situation is basically keeping the city of his back. Every ten days, we can keep things looking acceptable. Plus I figured it may be easier to keep up with the load if I didnt have to send a guy buy to cut it every week.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

You mean that you "accepted"?

3 cuts per month is about 20 cuts a season. I have several accounts on this cycle.
  5. sanfordandsonfan

sorry about the spelling. My daughter is hooked on phonics but I guess I'm not (ha ha). Does twenty cuts a month seem to work well for you on the contracts you have set up this way.
  6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) So you would be getting around 667.00 for cutting the 44 accounts? At 21 cuts would get the 14K, are they close together, and how did you figure your time factor? Just courious....Marks Mowing Service PS the extras will be nice..
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Wait a minute. If you are getting 667$ for 44 accounts, that is 15$ per property???:confused: :eek: :confused:
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade here, but unless they are all 10 minute jobs I have to think that pricing is pretty low.
    That's 16 dollars each considering it at 20 cuts per season,Not including trimming of shrubs.
  9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

I hope you figured in also all the garbage you'll have to pick up every time your there. Rental properties with alot of tenants can get very messy .
  10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

In the original post it was said all properties are within 1 square mile. Im guessing that several of these places are right next to each other. Curious as to how many acres will mowed though.