44" and 48" Lazer HP decks interchangeable?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brucec32, Jul 24, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I was curious if the 44" deck on an HP will fit the frame of a 48" mower and vice versa?

Also, have you had any reports of the 44" deck giving a better cut due to the wheels and deck size matching up very closely with no trim edge worth speaking of? I know my overhang leaves a "groove" sometimes on uneven terrain, especially concave surfaces.

I mow some Bermudagrass lawns that aren't totally flat and in my experience smaller decks tend to handle the rolling terrain and dips better when you're mowing at 2" or so. Currently using a 32" but that's getting old really fast.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

brucec32:

Yes, you can put the 44" deck on a 48" LHP. The front frames are the same, but you would have to order a new deck drive belt. You can order a complete 44" deck assembly from your local Exmark Dealer, or if you can find a used LHP that is getting tired but has a good deck, you could purchase that mower and use it for parts.

This is some basic information, but I thought I would include it in this post. If the overhang on the deck is cutting rings around things, like trees or telephone poles, first check your tire pressure. Too low of tire pressure is all it takes to make one side of the deck cut lower than the other. If you're running 13 psi, maybe you want to bump your tire pressure to 16 psi. If you have a tire going flat, change it or just be aware that this may affect the quality of cut.

If your tire pressure is fine, check the way the deck hangs on the frame. Is one of the chains loose? If it is, this can cause one side of the deck to dip and make the rings around objects. This can be worse if you also have an attachment, like the UltraVac, hanging off the side of the deck that is low.

I haven't heard of the 44" deck cutting better than the 48" deck, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen under certain operating conditions. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service

3. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Are the 60" and 52" decks interchangeable on a 27HP Lazer Z? How much is a 52" deck only?

4. eXmark

DD,

You can swap the 60" for the 52" but you'll need the front frame as well as swap out the rear wheel spacers, brake brackets and hydro hoses to completely convert it to the 60" specs.

Your dealer should be able to provide you with the pricing information but I'll warn you, it's not cheap.

Thanks

Terry

5. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Do you know about how much, or if not the part number the 52" deck assembly?

6. eXmark

DD,

The deck assembly would be around $1200, front frame in excess of $450 plus, freight the labor to install and set the deck. This does not include all of the hydro lines, brake brackets, spacers etc. to move the rear wheels out. By the time you paid the labor you may be better off trading the unit in and getting the latest greatest, full warranty and zero hours.

Thanks

Terry

7. DieselDeere

from Midwest

I just wanted the price of the same 52" deck that is on it now.