44"blow out baffle

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jason r., Jul 2, 2003.

1. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

We had a thread a few months ago about the blow out baffles and someone from exmark replied and said that they are now available for the 44" decks. Is this true? Also, if it is can you please post a part#?
    thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey jason r.,

We're not quite there yet. There are a couple of different improvements we're looking at. Both will be some sort of a kit. I would guess that they would be a bolt-on option, but I don't know that for sure. We'll keep you posted and put a part number out as soon as they are in production and available.

Thanks,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

how would i know if i have a blow-out baffle on my metro hp?

that thing blows dirt and grass out the front like you wouldnt believe

4. eXmark

ffemt1271,

We don't have a blow-out baffle for the 36" or 48" Metro HP's. We did offer one for the 52" Metro HP's.

If you're experiencing a lot of blow-out with your MHP, my guess is that you do not have the blow-out baffle installed. The way to check would be to look at the flow-control baffle under the deck. If it has another baffle bolted onto this baffle, which extends the lip lower, then you have the blow-out reduction baffle installed. Does that make sense? Let me know when you get a chance.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Humm...there's that pesty ole anti-blowout baffle question. :D

6. jason r.

Thanks Dustin! Keep us posted...

7. jason r.

Welp, it's been about 6 months..... Is there any word on an anti blow out baffle for 44" decks yet?????? I had to buy a bagger for my little snapper rear engine rider to pick up all the leaves. The lazer hp just blows em around. Snapper had a blow out baffle included with the bagger!

8. eXmark

Jason R.

Thanks for the post. All the testing is finished and while they are not available yet they should be ready in plenty of time before spring clean ups begin for most of the country.

Thanks

Terry

9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

in the mean time you might want to cut back your rpm's a little bit so there is less wind under the deck.

10. Eagle3Fan

Eagle3Fan LawnSite Member

Is the blow out baffle ready for the 44" deck yet? I have an HP and I get coated with dirt and debris each time I mow.