44 condominium complex

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by advantage.lawn.care, Feb 18, 2013.

1. advantage.lawn.care

advantage.lawn.care LawnSite Member
    from Mid tn

I am getting the opportunity to bid on just the landscaping and maintenance on a really upscale condominium complex in my area. No mowing right now just entrances and around the buildings. The old guy had been charging an hourly rate. What should I do? I always charge by the job. Meeting tomorrow at 9 . Neeeeeed some pointers . Only done this big bids a few times and always lost out . I really want to land this one , thanks

2. advantage.lawn.care

from Mid tn

This includes mulching weeding trimming and removing and planting

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Ask questions to make sure you understand exactly what they want and expect. Are they happy with the current guy? Can you improve? Can you walk with the manager and show problem areas?

I try to gather as much info as possible. If something says weed beds as needed I try to ask what they are expecting from that.

If you do bid ask to sit down and go over your proposal. Explain what each service will be included and how frequently you plan on doing it. If they want more or less you can always make adjustments.

4. advantage.lawn.care

from Mid tn

Well I know that the guy mowing the grass has been doing it from day one. But the hoa president (the guy in charge of awarding the contracts) says they are happy with him but when they ask him for other things involving landscaping to tree work he says they don't have time. So the past few years there has been an older gentleman taking are of al, the residents shrubs and the entrances. He is retired and a relative of the hoa president. Ad a lot of health trouble and giving it up. Referred me! Thanks right I normally wouldn't mess with something like this but it seems like a money maker. Also the work I will be doing is paid by the residents of each individual condo. Almost the more I explain the situation the more it seems like a pain! I guess pretty much they want a guy to take care of stuff that they can depend on because the mowing crew won't do it.

5. advantage.lawn.care

from Mid tn

What would all you guys do?

6. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Make up two bids

1: A bid for the whole complex

VS.

2: Bid each complex

Figure out what your difference is and figure out what your number should be from there.

-Michael

7. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

It sounds kind of like they want you to do the odd bs jobs that they really don't wanna pay to much for.

because why wouldnt the other contractor submit one bid for everything ??