44 WB or 44 Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 25, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I posted thiw question earlier and no one really answered besides maybe selling one 44 WB.

Situation: I have 3 z 52 decks.
    I have 3 Wb with 44 decks.

Wanted to upgrade etc. Best to go with a small 44z or go with another 44wb. We use these cuz its in b/t our 21'wb and 52 Z's. Some of our clients don't like such "big" machines our there yard. Therefore we run with the 44 wb and they love that. All machines are Toro if that makes a difference.

I am looking at selling a 44 wb. jvm81@earthlink.net

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

If the wb is what is keeping you in business with those customers, go with it. Otherwise, Z . . .hands down.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

What are you looking to get that you didn't from your other post? Several people responded to that. Do you have a use for a 44" Z? Would it be worth the extra money to get a Z over a walkbehind?

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If the customer doesnt want a 52'' Z on the property then I dont think they will realize the 8'' difference in a 44''Z. I would stick with the walkbehind and if you dont all ready use a velky then look to adding one to be faster.

wayne

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the reply guys. Just getting an opinion I guess. People all want different things but I have slowly changed there thinking over some by using a 52 Z but others are still hard to change.