44Z or 144Z?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tatesville, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Tatesville

Tatesville LawnSite Member

Help! Ive gotta order my mower today and I cant decide between the 44Z and the 144Z. I need the manueverability of the 44 but ive got hills to deal with too. What would you do?! :blob2:

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

go with a different brand? just an idea

3. Tatesville

Well thats not very helpful.

4. chuckers

why are you going with gravely did something catch you eye.. or what turned you away from hustler exmark scag etc?

5. Tatesville

I live on an isolated island with one dealer that sells and works on ariens and toro, so my options are limited. Having to go to the mainland for service is a major (expensive) hassle.

6. chuckers

oh ok sorry abt saying to check out different brands i would go with the 144 because i heard that the 44 is really really unstable also stay away from the eye system because i heard they are having problems with them

7. Tatesville

Yeah i gathered that, computers dont belong on lawnmowers anyway. Your probably right about the 144, all of my clients have a least some hills on their property, so the stability is important. Do you think the Gravely is a bad choice? Could I get the same quality for less money with a different brand?

8. chuckers

i think you would get a better machine from exmark scag or hustler but your kind of stuck about the dealer i just baught a new tiger cub and i love it this is my first midmount i use to have outfront mowers before. what are you looking at in the gravley i just picked up that 48"/19 kawi scag for 5999 plus tax...

9. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

just picked up my 144 today.

It is GREAT!!!!

10. Tatesville

What did you pay for it, Jester, if you dont mind me asking?