4500 door hangers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmaster06, Apr 19, 2008.

1. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

metro detroit sucks i passed 4500 door hangers only 2 lawn accounts and a bunch of tire kicking landscape calls whats . i spent around 135 in gas giving estamites this week and everyone seemed to only want my ideas on some layouts and what kind of plants to put in .i really hope this year changes :cry:

2. Bo614

Bo614 LawnSite Member

Well dont give them any ideas for free... tell them you will have to get to know there property more, soil contents, sun &shade, drainage problems,and there personal likes and dis likes to answer that honestly and only do so once they commited to using your services. but keep your head up man... i passed out 5000 a month ago and didnt get any calls for 4 days then i got 10 bs ones... and then last week i landed 21 new accounts and 4 landscape jobs ... so you dont know if it will work or not... but i put a ad in the JB dollar magizine it hasnt came out yet it will hit at the first of may...but i spoke to a couple LCO that was in there from the cleveland area and they said it works for them... you might want to try that route to... and from what i understand it only goes to people with disposiable income... or so they say! good luck to you:usflag:

3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Let's try to learn from this. Please tell us the exact wording you used on your door hanger so everyone will know what words not to use. Let's try to figure out what went wrong.

4. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

Maybe would have better luck knocking on the doors. I was going to do the flyer thing but ended up going door to door. So far I have gotten 22 accounts this way. IMHO meeting people and talking to them seems to work better than an ad hung on their door. Just my .02. BTW, be sure you take your equipment with you. Some of them want it mowed right then!

5. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

It's all about what you say and how you design it. You have to stick out from the rest of the companies and give them a reason why to choose you. Trial and error.

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

my thoughts too!!!

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

door to door is soliciting in my area. I'm leery about knocking on every door just to hear them say, we're not interested and that your soliciting.