1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$4500 for Lazer z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Looked at a used mower today at my local dealer. 60inch deck with the kohler 23 motor. 1400 hours for 4500bucks. Is this a good deal or not? Machine was just serviced throught the deal and taken in on a trade. The machine is a 2002 with the ultra cut deck.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I cant comment on the price too much without seeing it.

But...It is a lot of hours for a A/C Kohler.

And a 23hp Kohler is underpowered for a 60" cut ZTR.

I'd stay away for those two reasons alone.
  3. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I see that you have a 27 hp kawi liquid cooled listed on your equipment info. Any idea of how many hours that motor life averages?

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

honestly with that kind of hours i wouldnt want to spend more than $3000,and its under powered with the 23 kohler..good luck

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Not it's to high,lc moters have a life of 4500 hours and yes it's under powered.
  6. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

Please listen motor not enough power for this deck size. This mower was made for a home owner that would mow his yard twice a week.
  7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have one just like that but a 2003 with the 27hp motor and only 1000hours. I'll sell it to you for $4500 or $5500 with the 3 bagging system! what a deal lol
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The LC 27 Kawi is a wonderful engine. Quiet, powerful, and hopefully long lasting.

I would hope mine will eventually see 4500hrs....It gets new oil-filter and Mobil-1 every 50-75hrs (fully documented BTW).

My LC Lazer will be for sale this season. Nothing wrong with it, but I've gone past my 4 year trade up rule. It will also likely go with the Ultra Vac too, as any mower I go with, this UV will not fit.