450ct

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jul 23, 2013.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I'd want is a quick tach but that could be added(I've been told...). Yeah, the distance sucks but all the work I've got this year could have been done with a 120 instead of over working the ASL and then using the 440 as a forklift. And then I could scale back the ASL usage big time. My other motivation is to downsize skids to get a mini x again.

2. stuvecorp

I thought there was some Gehl versions of the 120 on Machinery Trader out by you that were priced decent?

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

whats an ASL? quick attach-do you mean a push button attach?

I believe tak was the only 120 size. Mustang and gehl only used the 130, 140, 150

4. stuvecorp

I have a Polaris ASL 300 which is an ASV RC 30. For the quick tach it would be hydraulic like my 440, I don't know how to live without that anymore.

Both Gehl(CTL55) and Mustang(MTL312) had the little 120 version.

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

was power the issue on the 450's? there is a newer hi flow on ebay with a 90hp motor for 29. less hrs than the other one too.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

well I just read a 450ct thread on heavy equip forums. looks like they had a lot of problems

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There is no power issue with a 450CT. The drive motors are the weak link on the early models as they are with most CTL's. Those had a Rexroth drive motor. The newer CTL's have an Italian drive motor which is outstanding. The oil capacity was increased on the Rexroth which I was told helped with the drive issues of the 05-07 models.

8. stuvecorp

Yeah, the 450 never was lacking in power. I think they are wide so not sure if you have a deckover trailer? The wheeled 450 were very popular here.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually that was the biggest design mistake of that machine. It needs a deck over to haul it.

10. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

We've got an 07 450CT with ~1100 hours on it if you're interested. They are very powerful IMO, not the most comfortable machines but the bucket breakout force and lift capacity is awesome. We just have it as a spare.

Ours fits on our trailer with about an inch to spare on each side.... Towmaster T14