1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, May 20, 2006.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the perfect set up?....I mean what would be the best mowers and size to get the best results......my 36 is doing fine,but will get the Gravely 34 within the next week or so.....do I need a 60"....yes I just got 45K...and no it won't all go to mowers....just wondering what you would do if you started over......
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If I had 45k spare, I'd be sore tempted to advertise my hobby site on Yahoo's front page for 30 days lol.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Dude if I got 45K I sure as H3ll wouldn't be looking at mowers, MAYBE pick up a used lazer to use for the next year or two.

Seroiusly, 45K can get you started doing alot of other things, if I had to start all over I def. wouldn't be looking at mowers, and you can take that one to the bank.
  4. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

you will regret it if you buy a new mower just because you have the money for it, if you can get by with what you have right now then just let you company grow and your equiptment will follow you....
  5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

EXMARK NAVAGTOR! 48" echo/tanaka/redmax blowers and hand helds
  6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think jpocket is right.....maybe I should look at something else....this biz is crazy...last year the drought crushed me.....this year with a new job and doing it part-time...I'm turning jobs away left and right......its either all or nothing.....
  7. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that means I'm ignorant....because I sunk 113K into it upfront.

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Not really, you do what you gotta do, and what you think is best at the time.

Im just telling him my opinion at this stage in the game, I would be exploring other avenues.

dumping that kinda money into the lawn biz now is alittle shakey, IMO
  9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything Husqvarna
    1 60" husq ZTR 27hp $9,000 demoed for 3 days and was great!
    2 326lx husq trims $360 each (I use)
    2 sthil fc110 edgers $420 each (I use)
    2 husq 145bt blower $300 each (I use)
    1 52" Greatdane Gateway 22hp $6,500 (I use with a 17hp)
    1 36" bobcat gear drive w/b $2600
    1 18ft PJ trailer (I use a 16ft PJ)
    1 01 F-350 4x4 Single rear with 5.4 (I use a 01 should have bought that in the 1st place) $15,000
    1 lesco 200gal sprayer $3,500

That right there would be a great and efficient setup, I know because I have all that and what I don't I have demoed. Its a great setup for any weather condition I can mow rain or shine. Good luck and happy spending!
  10. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a lot of cabbage. What is it that you bought?